2015年7月11日土曜日

When I say that I am a homestay, everyone ask me ...

When I say that I am a homestay, everyone ask me if I have any problems with my homestay.

It seems that everyone have some problems with their homestay.

Yes, I have a few problems.

My host family is only a woman.
She came from Jamaica.
Her pronunciation is a little different from British and American English.
Her English pronunciation is a little different from British and American.
In addition, she speaks very quickly, so it is hard for me to catch what she say.

She always watch only one channel which is related with the Christ.
Perhaps, it is a special channel for Christians.
I don't know the details.
She always turn on the TV, even when she sleep.
It is noisy for us.
My room is far from living room.
So I'm OK, but my homestay mate is too hard to sleep.

She is particular about cleanliness, especially how to clean the bath.
But there is a lot of rubbish in our house.
I think that they are conflicted.

She prepares our meals.
Almost every day, these are frozen foods.
It's not healthy.
Only on Sunday, We can eat what she cooked decently.

But she is kind basically.
I get along with her so far.

Besides, compared to homestay of my friend's homestay, I'm lucky.
The A woman who is the a host of my friend do does not only prepare the meals but also she eats what my friend bought.

Moreover, sometimes she can't use electricity because the host don't doesn't pay the money to the electronic electric power company.

Finally, the host ask my friend to borrow a little money.

Unbelievable!

After I heard this story, I came to think that I'm lucky.


  • このエントリーをはてなブックマークに追加

2 件のコメント: